Wow it has been a busy two weeks! March is always the busiest time of the year for us and this year is no exception. With soccer starting, basketball still going on, music festivals, and birthdays we keep plenty busy. Good thing we don't have anything else to do!! The spring yard work usually has to wait till April.
The weekend of March 13th and 14th, Cory had 2 soccer games in St. George. Brooke had a basketball game in Salina on Friday night, so Dani and I caught a ride down to St. George for Cory's first game against Hurricane at Dixie High School, then a ride back to Cedar City, where Jay and Brooke met us and we spent the night. Saturday we headed back to St. George for Cory's other soccer game at Desert Hills high school, a new high school in St. George. Brooke won her basketball game and I heard she stole the ball, dribble down the entire court, and made a left handed layup in the game! Cory also won both his games, the first by a score of 5-1 (Cory scored a goal in that one) and the second game 2-1. He played sweeper on defense in the second game because our sweeper received a red card in the first game (bad call by the ref) so couldn't play in the game on Saturday.
Cory trying to get around the Hurricane defender and cross the ball.
Cory on defense against Desert Hills.
March 17th was a very busy day with solo and ensemble for Cory at Emery High School, and ten St. Patrick's day, but we made it. I accompanied several people for solo and ensemble including the Bone Voce choir and Cory performed in several numbers, and piano solo, and vocal duet, a mixed double quartet, and Bone Voce. He drove over with me and we had to leave at 6:15 in the morning. Cory did very well on his piano solo, received a I rating and will be going to state! The rest of his numbers were either I- or II+. We were disappointed that Bone Voce got a II+ and will not be going to state this year. Even thought they sounded good, they were not as prepared as they could have been.
Cory singing with his mixed quartet.
ory performing his piano solo by Villa Lobos. It is a piece that Abby performed on her BYU senoir recital and he did awesome.
ST. PATRICK'S DAY!
Even though it was a busy day, we still were able to pull off our party. We enjoyed our green dinner of pork chops, green mashed potatoes, green lime jello, brussel sprouts, and shamrock shakes!
Cory was done for after such a long day. What a baby! I was just as tired I am sure, but every place we stopped on our journey of the Emerald Isle Cory collapsed. I guess it was just too much traveling for one day!
He did rally himself enough to do a little jig and join in on the treasure hunt. We love St. Patrick's Day!
The very next day, Cory had a math competition at UVU followed by a soccer game at Bingham High School. Cory did well at the math competition, scoring the highest out of all the Delta members of the math team. The soccer game was great! Bingham is a 5A school and we knew it would be a tough game, but Delta played well, and won 2-1. Cory scored the winning goal with about 10 minutes left in the game on a break away. He had earlier in the game missed a one on one goal with the goalie, so the second chance he had he redeemed himself and got it past the goalie. Before the game, I picked Grandpa Burnham up at Anna's. He spent the night there after spending a week in California with Matt and Tacey, so he went to the game with us. Anna also came to the game and brought Emma and Sophie with her so that was so fun to have them there!
Friday the 2oth, Brooke had a basketball game in Delta finally against North Sanpete. The kids were all coming home for the weekend for Dani's birthday, so Abby and Gichin were able to make it home in time to go to Brooke's game. They won and Brooke had a great game.
Finally Saturday morning arrived and it was Dani's birthday! She has been so excited for the day to get here although I haven't because I can hardly believe she is 12 years old! What has happened to my baby? Here Dani is with Kait ready to open her presents.
During Christmas time, Dani would always ask me if I would tell her one present I got and so finally I started responding with something like, yes, I got you an orange nightgown, or else I still need to find an orange nightgown then I will be done with my shopping. So when it got closer to her birthday, she started in again with begging me to tell her one thing I got, or asking me if I had done any birthday shopping for her. So I again would mention the orange nightgown. With Jamie, DI, and Rit Dye's help, Dani did indeed receive a nice orange nightgown for her birthday. It was so funny when she opened it and we all had a great laugh, but when Dani tried it on, she decided it was quite comfy and wore it to bed!
Dani's birthday celebration included a dinner of chicken noodle soup, veggies, fruit and scones. She picked ice water to drink (weird). For desert she had angel food cake and chocolate fountain. It was all very delicious. She received a DVD Family Feud game for her birthday and we had a lot of fun playing it several times with everyone home.
We had a great day on Saturday of Dani's birthday with everyone here. TJ and Abby helped me trim the bushes out front. It was SO AWESOME to get that job done and I really really appreciated their help.
Don't the bushes look so good?
It was also very windy and so we tried to fly our kite. We got it up a few times, but it was almost too windy and it would always crash to the ground, so we had to give it up.
Kiat loves to jump on the "jumpoline" so Shauna played with her and Logan for awhile. Even though it was very windy, it was warm outside.
What cute drummers! Cory was such a nice uncle to let Kait and Logan play away on his drum set.
Cutest ever duet partners!
Haddie always has a smile on her face! Such a cutie!
It was a wonderful weekend with everyone home and is always so sad when everyone leaves!
In addition to Dani's party, Cory also went up to a track meet in Provo on Saturday morning, ran in the hurdles and then came home with Jamie. He is hoping to get a qualifying time for state at a track meet and so tries to go to any that don't interfere with soccer. He did well at this meet, just not quite fast enough to qualify.
Monday, March 23, 2009
Happy St. Paddy's and Lots of Other Stuff!
Posted by Finny Fam at 3:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment